Assalamualaikum & Hello to everyone!

I know that it has been almost a year (11 months to be exact) after my last post! But hey, nobody wants to hear my ramblings anyway :-P haha..Thanks to everyone that has been pressuring me to start writing in my blog again. So from here on forwards, I'll at least try and keep this thing up & going.

I wanted to share with everyone about Jamie's Oliver: Food Revolution TV show. For everyone who has not hear about this AMAZING reality show, it is about Jamie Oliver (the British celebrity chef a.k.a the "Naked Chef") coming to America and try to change the way people views & consuming food. He has astonishingly succeed in Britain where he managed to get the school system over there to eat healthily and trying to bring that success to a small town in West Virginia. Apparently, Huntington,WV (that's the town's name) was voted as the most unhealthy city in the world in 2008! Can you imagine that his effort is trying to change the worst town in the world to get into his eating-healthy-scheme. Good luck on that!!

There were so much resistance that I reckon he would not succeed. However, giving that this is a reality TV show, almost all problems were solved. But it is not how the problems being solved, but his motivation, care-ness and desire to help all the people to eat-healthily is a feat of its own. If his effort doesn't move the people that he's trying to help, at least I can proudly say that he moves me.

Go on, check it out!



For full episodes of his shows, follow this link. Remember to check it out on HULU.com every week.

I am so into healthy eating, but I know that my body doesn't portray my motivation. I'm a bit overweight. I've been avoiding process-food all around (fast foods, nuggets, soft drinks etc.) and have been succeeding in doing it all. However, I believe that my body needs more than healthy food to stay healthy. That's why I'm hitting the gym, playing more soccer, walking to class & just drink lots of water. It's getting there. So far I've lost 4 kg in 1 month. Give & take..haha!

Well, this posting is not about me, it is about Jamie Oliver and change. If you put your mind to it, you can succeed. Seeing what Jamie has done has inspired me to help other people eating properly. I may not be the best role-model out there but I know I can make a difference, if I want to.

So, pick up a salad once in a while. Eat more veggies. And remember, drink lots of WATER. Not process/carbonated/energy/caffeine more than you drink water. Have a bottle of 500ml mineral water at your desk all the time. It doesn't have to be strictly mineral, filtered tap water would do.

There you go. Make a difference in your life, eat healthy foods.